Sandbox‎ > ‎Archive‎ > ‎IPT 2008-09‎ > ‎Amy's Page‎ > ‎Project Register‎ > ‎

Component 3B: Information Processes (Audio + Glitches Fixed)

posted Jul 9, 2009, 1:54 AM by Unknown user   [ updated Jul 15, 2009, 3:54 AM by Eddie Woo ]

Outline

My previous issue with the videos not working has now been fixed without having to embed it in the timeline. For some reason, clips can't be on frames next to each other. I will compress one of the videos (only by a bit) to make it under the attachment limit imposed by Google Sites.
 
Also, I have added audio. I downloaded a freeware known as mp3DirectCut. I found this suitable as it was simple and all I wanted to do was trim some parts of the clip. I made a sound on/off button to display this on flash as this was the easiest to do however, I have discovered that if the sound is on, and the user navigates away from the page,it still keeps playing. I added a notice to tell the user to turn it off before navigating away, but if I have time, I will find out some other way control the audio clip.
 

 
 
A record of the 7 information processes should be maintained as the multimedia system is developed, including relevant discussion of issues related to software/hardware constraints and design decisions (e.g. organising data: compression levels applied to images, audio and video data).
 
 
 
Collecting
  • Got some photos from Ms Burgess on the excursion.
Organising
  • Technically, I didn't really organised the audio file because the program saved it as .mp3 anyway and the aduio was already .mp3.
Anaylsing
  • Searching through websites using Google's search engine to find freeware.
Processing
  • Trimmed the ending and beginning of the audio clips.
  • My Flash file was evidently continuously processed everytime I changed something.
Storing and Retrieving
  • The new program was saved onto my computer.
  • Saved the new, edited audio clips.
Transmitting and Receiving
  •  Downloading the program.
Displaying
  • Sound was displayed via speakers everytime I tested it.
 

Software/Hardware Constraints

I didn't actually have a decent program to edit the audio at first other than Windows Movie Maker which actually isn't specially for that. If I used WMM, I would have had to save the audio as part of a video with a blank screen which seemed unecessary. Hence, I just went on the internet to look for some freeware.
 

Design Decisions

They way I have chosen to let users control the audio via the button is explained above.
 
 
 
  
Comments